Sunday, January 13, 2013

Artsy Apparel: An Introduction

Welcome to the blog!  The idea of Artsy Apparel  hatched at the end of 2012 where two girls who adored fashion and the art of cosplaying equally and wanted collaborate on a blog that expressed both interests while keeping a focus on the local scene (for them, it's Sacramento, California).  They met in school after discovering that they both were fashion majors who got into design and apparel construction through cosplay and they quickly connected and became friends.  Not only do they have backgrounds in cosplaying and sewing, they also have experience in fashion blogging and public relations and were models for Cyril Lumboy of dolldelight.

But that's enough of an introduction of the pair-- now they'll take over introducing themselves individually!





I'm Gina of sacstylebygina over at Wordpress.  I (like Jenny) am a fashion major with dreams of being a fashion designer.  Also, (like Jenny) I am into cosplay-- my most memorable costume being Babydoll from the film Sucker Punch. This year I am hoping to work on my Handsome 'Jill' (the female version of Handsome Jack) cosplay from the video game Borderlands 2-- I am taking my sewing class during this upcoming Spring semester (I know how to sew-- I just need to take this class for my degree) and I have to make a skirt and a vest.  That's perfect for Jill!  When it comes to fashion, I'm hoping to make a small collection of lolita dresses to showcase an the local anime convention in town and eventually add more to it to make a complete collection to present at my university's fashion show.



Please continue to check us out!  Also, you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment