Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wig Wars: EpicCosplay & Gothic Lolita Wigs



I briefly talked about my wigs in my solo fashion blog, but I have so much to say after using them both at SacAnime Winter 2013.



EpicCosplay is the first wig brand I've ever bought from-- besides those cheap-y wigs you get at costume stores that are really shiny and gives off that awful synthetic shine when people take pictures of you in them.  I already owned three wigs from them before I bought this particular bob cut-- the 'Selene' (13" Dark Brown A-Line Bob Short Cosplay Wig)-- so I knew I was going to get something I wouldn't regret buying.

However, the picture on the website makes the wig seem darker than it actually is-- and I wanted a dark brown bob cut.  I was a bit disappointed when I received the wig in the mail.

Nevertheless, I love the quality of the wig: it's lack of tangling, it's heat resistance, it can take all sorts of hair product, its natural look, it's feel-- it would have been a perfect buy if it wasn't a lighter color than I anticipated.

Gothic Lolita Wigs is a popular brand of wigs that I decided to try out-- it was Cyber Monday, so if I was going to test out a wig I might as well buy it discounted.  The wig I bought was from the Lady Grace collection (Chocolate Royale).

My only drawback with this wig is that it sheds easily.  When I first opened the bag and retrieved the wig a small chunk of hair already fell out-- not enough of a chunk to notice as you wear the wig, but a large enough chunk to worry about when you haven't even tried it on.  And I know I'm not the only person to experience this shedding.

Honestly though, the chunk wasn't even really big so I can overlook that due to the wig as a whole-- it feels like real hair (soft and sleek), there's no shine in it when people take pictures of you, it's comfortable and you can apply low heat to it.

EpicCosplay:
Plus: Heat resistant, tangle resistant, great quality, comfortable, feels great, low shine in photos, can take any hair product
Minus: Online store's pictures can be misleading in terms of color

Gothic Lolita Wigs:
Plus: Feels like real hair (great!), no shine in photos, comfortable, low heat resistant, great quality
Minus: EpicCosplay wigs can withstand more treatment, sheds easily

Overall, both wigs seem pretty equal.  If you're new to wigs, EpicCosplay provides more durable wigs to those who need to experience how to care for one.  If you've handled wig for a while, Gothic Lolita Wigs are great wigs to use and are durable and require little care (while EpicCosplay seems to require no care at all).  I enjoy both wigs and will continue to buy from both vendors-- I can't wait to create more cosplays so I can buy more wigs :3!

by: Gina

P.S.  Outfit I'm wearing in the pictures was created by dolldelight.

3 comments:

  1. These types of wigs are really great. These are more comfortable, low heat resistant and easy to use.
    wigs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Both the wigs are so nice and you are looking so beautiful wearing this wigs. I buy all my wigs from online store Elevate Styles. They have good collection of stylish wigs. Hope to get more interesting article from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i suggest you try human hair wigs that make you more naturally ,by far the best used is vickylacewigs ,variety of options in human hair wigs .

    ReplyDelete