Saturday, January 26, 2013

Lokisa (Visual You Fashion Incorporated) Retrospect


I’ve been meaning to talk about this brand for quite some time. I first encountered Lokisa back in 2008 at Fanime. They were putting on a fashion show at stage zero and of course me being a sucker for fashion couldn’t resist and dragged my friends along with me. I do admit that the first time I saw Lokisa’s designs I immediately fell in love. Not only did they do a great job showing off their attire on stage, but also had a distinct look to make them unique.

(Models of Lokisa, Fanime 2008)


Lokisa is a Visual Kei style, but they also have some Lolita, Kpop Love, and Beast of Direness (B.O.D.) lines. They also have done fundraisers  such as “Love 4 Japan” in which they raised  $500 in total donations that was sent to the American Red Cross Organization; in specifically in support of rebuilding Japan at that time at the end of March 2011. “Adopt a Panda” was another fundraiser that Lokisa did that contains all of their creations made in “dedication to the awesome Panda!”


(Myself wearing the fleece hat, mask, and headpiece)



In my past experience with Lokisa, they provided excellent service and apparel that ranges from printing T-Shirts to sewing bags, fleece hats, accessories, etc. The first three items I bought were the fleece hat, mask, and headpiece. Sadly the mask and headpiece in the specific color/design is discontinued, but have other alternative colors and designs for those accessories. To start off the first item, the fleece hat is excellent for a cold day and practically kept my head warm. It features the cute cat ears and safety pins attached to the hat. The quality itself is durable considering the fabric choice. The fit of the hat is one size so it’s perfect for everyone. Next the mask is made out of 100% cotton which features elastic string on each side and there is not much to say except how awesome it looks. Lastly the headpiece, made out of cotton and lace which features ribbon bows and tie-on ribbon strings. I love the design of the headpiece and the fact that to secure it more so it won’t fall out comes with two big bobby pins to hold it in place. 

(Steampunk Panda Package and the Panda VS.  Godzilla sweatshirt!)


Skipping towards the present, I went ahead and decided the purchase the B.O.D. Panda VS. Godzilla sweatshirt. I’m happy to say that not only did I receive my order the day after my birthday, but they drew an awesome Steampunk panda for me on the package. The quality of the sweatshirt is just as the same items I bought in the past couple of years. Although, the size of the sweatshirt ran a little big on me (I ordered a M/L which indicates the label “S” but should have gone to a “XS" to have a more "fitted" look). I also received a mask and a bracelet as a free gift with my order. 


Surprisingly all of these pieces are HANDMADE entirely. Perfect for cosplay or self expression. For those of you interested in Visual Kei, Lolita, etc. style should definitely check out Lokisa! I will be looking forward to all of their new and unique apparel ^__^ FUN FACT: After a couple of weeks when I attended the convention, I received a call from an out of area number. Later I checked my voice mail and surprise! Tomy one of the designers of Visual You Company left message. For being one of their new customers I would receive a free gift on my next purchase. To know that I am a valued customer to this company deserves an "A+" Visual You entirely respects their customers like their own friends. 

~ Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment